Hopefully everyone’s summer has begun with as much enjoyment & excitement as mine; in the last month I’ve gone on two camping trips, mountain biked on some of the best trails in the U.S., sat on an island beach (though it was in Connecticut), seen three concerts, met lots of new folks, had an infinite number of laughs and watched numerous beautiful sunsets. Yes, yes, it’s a rough life.
Green tip: Conserve water (also conserves money) – water tables worldwide are dropping quickly, which will lead to lower food harvests, droughts & desertification.
Do your part:
- aerate faucets & showerheads
- get a front-loading clothes washer (uses less water & energy and is gentler to clothing)
- add a 1 or 2-liter plastic bottle (upright & filled with water) to your toilet tanks (will need that much less water to fill the tank after each flush)
- repair leaks
- cut 2 minutes from your shower time
- flush less often (within reason use a yellow mellow policy)
Life tip: As for the picture, I took this on 9/10/2001 at Devil’s Tower, Wyoming, only to be awoken the next day by the forest rangers telling everyone the news of the morning’s events. So if you’re up for it, think about where you were on that fateful day and how it affected you, both at the time and ever since. Then think about how your life has changed in the 6+ years since and be thankful for any (and all) good twists & turns. And if you’re up for a bigger effort, consider your direction in life and figure out a plan to get to where you’ll find your true happiness.
“Follow your bliss” – Joseph Campbell
'Happiness is a choice that requires effort at times.' – Anon.
'Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.' – Anon.
“Life’s a journey, not a destination” – Aerosmith
L’chaim (Hebrew for ‘to life’),