Sunday, January 10, 2010

rise 28

In this issue we’ll look at an amazing glimpse of the future to start us off: Sixth Sense

“We cannot live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men.” ~ Herman Melville

Consider your connections with the people & world around you. When times are difficult (e.g. after natural disasters, illness, etc.) people come together to help one another and bring goodness back to life. Why should this only be during difficult times? Why not pull together all the time? Building community, sharing expenses (e.g. why does every house need a lawnmower or a vacuum) and getting more human interaction all lead to more laughs, more smiles, more love and a higher quality of life. Additionally, people with many positive relationships tend to be healthier & live longer. Viva la Vida!

Want a daily update of environmental news in less than 2 minutes, check out
Environmental News

I have 2 mothers; one lives outside Philadelphia and is an intelligent, caring, generous woman; the other is Mother Earth, a generous & caring planet. The former gives me love & support, the latter gives me food for health & energy, air to breathe, clothes & a home to keep me warm & safe, not to mention that every atom in my body and the bodies of my loved ones have come from her. I love both of my mothers and try my best to always respect them. Thank you moms!

“The test of a democracy is not the magnificence of buildings or the speed of automobiles or the efficiency of air transportation, but rather the care given to the welfare of all the people." - Helen Keller

3 simple steps to help preserve the rainforest:
Preserve the Rainforest

Get Dirty!!! Have you ever been working in a garden or planting a tree and just felt wonderful? It turns out that your physiology is behind it. There is a common bacterium (m. vaccae) in dirt which when you touch it, it boosts serotonin in your body, in turn boosting your mood. Additionally there’s the beauty & wonder of nature and if you’re creating something, quite the sense of accomplishment.

“Of course, I want to save the world, she said, but I was hoping to do it from the comfort of my regular life.” – Traveling Light

Want a good one-stop shop for green products, check out
World of Good

Reduce, Reuse, Respect.